Walking in Palma, checking out the sights on our way from the marina to the Cathedral! Above are fishing nets airing out near the marina walkways! The Royal Palace of La Almudaina (Palacio Real de la Almudaina Palma), is positioned in front of the Palma Cathedral, where the yellow flag is flying. Built as an Arabian fort, used by the crown as an official royal residence since the 14th century. Palma Cathedral, below, also called “La Seu”, was started in 1229, completed 1601, in Catalan Gothic style. It is 121 meters (400 ft) long, 55 meters (180 ft) wide and its nave is 44 meters (144 ft) tall, second in height to Saint-Pierre de Beauvais, the highest of all Gothic cathedrals, but Palma is taller than Notre Dame! Above and below are Convent of Santa Clara. Above is Church of Saint Eulalia of Palma (Esglesia de Santa Eularia) and below is Placa de Santa Eulalia. Above is Bellver Castle.